DonorsTrust is proud to offer the Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics thanks to a generous grant from the Searle Freedom Trust.
The Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics offer support for postdoctoral fellowships to be spent at the nation’s top universities. Newly minted PhDs from any university are welcome to apply.
Before applying, candidates must identify an appropriate mentor in a highly ranked economics department and make tentative arrangements to spend two years there.
The ideal candidate will have:
· a dedication to scholarship and teaching;
· very strong academic qualifications;
· the potential to contribute to intellectual diversity in the academy;
· a demonstrated interest in research relevant to U.S. public policy; and
· the promise of a distinguished academic career.
Fellowship awards include an annual stipend of $75,000, enrollment in the host university’s health insurance, and a modest sum for the host university’s expenses.
The program has allowed post-docs to spend their fellowships at Harvard, Columbia Business School, the University of Chicago, and Northwestern University, among others.
To apply, first make tentative hosting arrangements with a mentor in a top economics department.
Applications should be submitted online by December 31, 2014.
Questions? See our FAQ.