Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics
DonorsTrust is proud to have offered the Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics thanks to a generous grant from the Searle Freedom Trust.
The Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics have offered support for postdoctoral fellowships to be spent at the nation’s top universities. Newly minted PhDs from any university have been welcome to apply.
Before applying, candidates have identified appropriate mentors in highly ranked economics departments and made tentative arrangements to spend two years there.
The ideal candidate has had:
- a dedication to scholarship and teaching;
- very strong academic qualifications;
- the potential to contribute to intellectual diversity in the academy;
- a demonstrated interest in research relevant to U.S. public policy; and
- the promise of a distinguished academic career.
Fellowship awards have included an annual stipend of $75,000, enrollment in the host university’s health insurance, and a modest sum for the host university’s expenses.
The program has allowed post-docs to spend their fellowships at Harvard, Columbia Business School, the University of Chicago, and Northwestern University, among others.
This program is not currently accepting new applications.