DonorsTrust is the nation’s largest and oldest donor-advised fund provider dedicated to promoting liberty and serving donors who share our mission. We work like a charitable savings account for donors that are committed to protecting our Nation’s constitutional liberties and strengthening civil society through private institutions rather than with government programs. Since our founding in 1999, our client donors have recommended issuance of $1.7 billion in grants to over 2,500 civic and liberty-oriented charities. DonorsTrust presently holds assets in excess of $1.5 billion, primarily allocated to donor-advised fund accounts.
DonorsTrust is seeking a Supervising Accountant to work closely with the Controller and CFO, as well as all DonorsTrust team members. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of accounting experience, a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and a commitment and the ability to handle confidential donor information discretely. CPA or CPA candidate is a plus, but not required. An accounting degree and experience with a public accounting firm or in an accounting department is a requirement. Applicants without an accounting degree and requisite experience will not be considered. Fluency with Microsoft Excel and Word expected. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Access and/or MS-SQL is a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
As a rapidly growing donor-advised fund sponsoring organization, DonorsTrust expects to offer advancement paths for high level performers. We are also seeking candidates who perform exceptionally and don’t want the “up-or-out” environment often found at public accounting firms. A willingness to be flexible as to responsibilities and duties is important.
- Reconciling donors’ accounts against master accounts on a daily basis
- Reviewing and preparing general ledger entries
- Review and preparation of various grant and contribution schedules
- Initial preparation and assistance with preparation of budget for CFO on a quarterly basis
- Assist with and in-charge person for employee expense reporting preparation
- Initial review and preparation of reconciliations of financial institution accounts
- Assist Controller and CFO with various local, state and federal compliance filings
- Various other duties and responsibilities as needs arise, and time allows
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. DonorsTrust offers a 403(b) retirement plan and, commencing with second calendar year with DonorsTrust, a SEP-IRA plan 100 percent funded by DonorsTrust. We also pay for parking or provide a Metro stipend. DonorsTrust maintains and contributes an ICHRA plan that allows for pre-tax payment of medical insurance premiums for qualified insurance policies. A background check may be required.
Our office is conveniently located in Alexandria, VA next to the King Street metro stop. Strong preference for applicants located in the Alexandria area. We may consider exceptional candidates located outside the Northern Virginia area, provided the applicant demonstrates an ability to work remotely and is willing to travel to the Northern Virginia area as required. All candidates will be given an opportunity to work remotely, at least part-time.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in a single PDF:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your sincere interest in this position/the mission of DonorsTrust
- Particular experiences that make you a strong candidate for successfully filling this role
- Your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.